Carolme 40 tablets contains Olmesartan medoxomil. It mainly reduces hypertension and antagonize the action of angiotensin II receptor.
- Reduces hypertension
- It also reduces the risk of fatal and nonfatal cardiovascular events
- Cardiovascular risk management
- Myocardial infraction
Single dose once daily or as per patient condition
Mechanism of action
It produce its action by inhibiting the binding of angiotensin II to AT I. This causes AT I mediated vasoconstriction which causes decrease in the blood resistance and blood pressure.
The drug after oral administration is bioactivated by ester hydrolysis to olmesarton and which causes absorption from gastrointestinal tract.
The volume of distribution for the drug is about 17 ltrs. The drug is mainly bound to plasma protein and causes its penetration in red blood cells.
The drug is mainly excreted through urine and feces.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredient
- In pregnant patients
- Renal function impairment
- Only to be used when prescribed